Welcome to Bluegrass Christian Preschool and Kindergarten
Bluegrass Christian Preschool and Kindergarten provides an exceptional Classical Education in a warm, nurturing environment that strives to create a love for Jesus, a love for others, as well as a love for learning. We provide a quality academic education that is filled with exciting hands on experiences for three to five year old children within our community. Students are taught to think, reason, and problem solve. Our program assists parents in the nurturing of their child’s spiritual, social, intellectual, emotional and physical growth and development.
- Bible – Bible lessons occur every day in our preschool and kindergarten classes. Students
learn memory verses, Bible stories and how it applies to the daily life of a preschooler.
- Reading – We use a reading curriculum that has strong components of phonemic awareness and phonics. Students in the Preschool classrooms are introduced to early reading strategies that they use as they begin to read.
These strategies are reinforced as the student develops into a reader in their Preschool and Kindergarten years.
- Penmanship – Students learn to write manuscript beginning at the age of three. Manuscript handwriting is mastered in Preschool and Kindergarten. Cursive writing is taught starting in First Grade.
- Classical Literature – Teachers incorporate classical literature into Reading, Social Studies, and Science.
- Math – Students learn math by doing hands on activities and using it in their everyday lives at school, home, and in the community. Preschool math helps students make sense of the world around them and teaches them reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Social Studies/Science – Units of study in Social Studies and Science are used to expose our students to the world around them. Literature books are used bring these units to life, along with hands on activities.
- Music/Art/Computer are taught to all students.
Our K3 schedule consists of Half Day classes with the following schedule options:
3-Day Schedule: Monday -Wednesday.
5- Day Schedule: Monday – Friday.
Our K4 schedule consists of half day classes Monday through Friday each week. The teacher/student ratio is 1 to 6 for the K3 class and 1 to 10 for the K4 class.
Our Kindergarten schedule consists of full day classes Monday through Friday each week. The teacher/student ratio is 1 to 10 for the Kindergarten class.
Note: Our extended day program is available to all students until 5:30 pm daily.